Monday, July 21, 2008

day 123: 4 month doctor visit

okay once again I will state we totally love dr. reidy. Unfortunately mom believes we are going back for our 6 month check up on Sept 22nd but arden and I have established a united front. We are boycotting and would like you all to join us in the effort that will forbid the happenings that take place in that office to EVER HAPPEN AGAIN. We are calling this campaign "B.A.N." Babies Against Needles. So all you little folks - let us (BAN)NED together. Join our efforts - use your voices and scream and protest.

I believe last time we clearly communicated that we do not like to be stabbed REPEATEDLY by long metal objects thrust into us like we are some kind of doll needing mending. Yes we are totally cute but there is no confusion that we are living breathing beings... hello my chest is moving in and out, screams flourished from my lungs, and tears streamed down my face. In the insane confusion I am not certain but I believe arden did the same. We were stripped, measured, weighed and we thought we had seen the worst and that everything was ok... Dr. Reidy looked at us and talked to us... but no I was mistaken... I was in mid-sentence saying ah-boo to mommy and wam the nurse lady stabbed me with a needle. I clearly displayed my dislike... and I hear arden echoing my thoughts and they continue... so I scream louder but it has no effect on these people. I am looking at mommy and she is telling once again that it is okay and I clearly protest this because IT IS CLEARLY NOT OKAY. Blood should not leave ones body... if it does it is NOT okay. It seemed like she stabbed me 20 times before she covered my wounds with bright colored character stickers... Mom called them bandaid's. I have banned that you can aid with... babies against needles. Save us from soreness in our legs and feeling sick for days.

Well I guess I will share the records of our torture...

Arden:

weight: 15 lbs .5oz (+3 lbs 14.5 oz.)
length: 23.5 in. (+1.5 in.)
head c: 41.5 cm. (+3 cm.)

Ramsey:

weight: 13 lbs. 15.5 oz. (+4 lbs. 6 oz.)
length: 23 in. (+1.5 in.)
head c: 41 cm. (+3.5 cm)


Well according to the stats I out grew Arden but I still have lots of catching up to do to catch up to her. For height I am still below 5% but give me time... I am not destined to be short... I hope. Dr. Reidy says we are healthy babies. Momma was questioning our weight but she said it was good and not to worry but we are in the 75-90% range... who would have thought 4 months ago I was only 4 lbs. 13 oz. Okay so that is one positive thing about being measured... that you can see how much we have changed but that is all I am giving you on that.

okay I am not feeling so swift... going to give mom a few more sleepless hours.. pssshh it's okay... that is what I am about to tell her.. I know you are tired and can't sleep and I am making you stay up even later but it will be okay mommy. :) I love you mommy.

Ramsey
Babies Against Needles

No comments: