Thursday, March 6, 2008

34 weeks: doctor's appointment and biophysical

ok so... ultrasound tech has been miscommunicating with the doctor the whole time. We were always worried about baby A (boy) being breech and not having a vaginal delivery. Duh this whole time she has called him baby A because he is on my left side... when Baby A is the one that is coming out first... lowest position. So Baby B is really baby A and she is in the head down position with her head on my cervix ready to deliver. :D That is the good news.

As for contractions... I am now starting to dilate or open slightly... so the last few days of contractions have been working on my cervix. She said my cervix looks good and she felt my girl's head. Our doctor said she will not stop labor from this point on. They will come when they are ready. After checking the cervix I started bleeding for the first time... that was freaky but normal... I know. I just hope they stay in for a bit longer!

I talked to her about all the itching and she thinks it could be the beginning of puppps... awesome, add it to the huge list of pregnancy side effects. I don't have a rash really but she wants me to come in on monday to check on the progress of the itchiness. I also asked when she is going to take measurements of the little ones so she is going to do that monday as well as do the group b strep test.

Besides that I had no weight gain this week. :( oh well my appointment was in the morning today.. usually in late afternoon...

will post u/s pics later. nap needed!

No comments: