Tuesday, March 4, 2008

34 weeks: contractions like crazy...

Last night at birthing class they started... CONTRACTIONS!!! Our teacher checked me a few times even though I was like, "no I am alright... just braxton hicks... just kids moving like crazy"... while thinking f#ck this hurts and my pancreas is killing me at the same time! That theory of you can't feel two pains at once is bs, to say the least. Well I came home, laid down, drank a ton of water, switch positions, took a bath, ate some cereal (figured if it was coming I needed energy) and nothing stopped them... They were 10 minutes apart for over an hour... then they started to dissipate. Thank god!!! Today I awake with my stomach balled up and they have been sporadic through out the day but here again I reach that time of day and they are beginning to become more consistent with cramping. So I drink water, took a shower, laid down... I have 1 week and 4 days to reach the safe zone of 36 weeks and 2 weeks 4 days to reach the goal of 37 weeks (full term for twins). I am not ready, they are not ready, and I am not ready... :D These practice contractions are starting to really freak me out! I think I have been avoiding the thought of them coming out of me by trying to keep them healthy and inside me... reality is starting to hit. I am ready for my epidural!

No comments: