Saturday, April 5, 2008

day 16: update and pictures

As I am sure you all know Arden and Ramsey are here. They are now 16 days old and the battle keeps going.

Hospital pictures:

Arden - 2 days old - :( my poor girl hooked up to the machines


Ramsey - 2 days old - Chillin’ under the lights


Ramsey and Arden coming home - 6 days old


I am still dealing with the hematoma, trying to avoid surgery at all cost. So I am sitting here typing with my stomach open in two points of the incision weeping blood. I have developed carpal tunnel syndrome in both arms due to the swelling... oh yeah they didn’t tell me about the aftermath swelling... I had absolutely no swelling during pregnancy and I give birth and I blow up... I mean beyond cankles people. I will spare you from all the other aches and pains Vicadin and motrin have been my friends during post delivery!!! I know pregnancy, labor, and the aftermath is so beautiful let me tell you.

Arden is doing way better, she is getting over the jaundice and has now surpassed her birth weight. We had a bout of constipation but she cleared through that last night and is now eating 3 oz. ever 3 hours. That is timed from beginning the feeding to the beginning the next feed to the non-parents out there. So if it takes her an hour to feed then there is only a 2 hour break before feeding her again.

Ramsey is struggling with his weight. We are having to feed him every 2 hours for him to gain weight. He finally reached his birth weight yesterday... He takes about an hour to an hour and a half to feed him his bottle. So basically we never sleep and are on shifts to feed them. Jeramie goes back to work on Monday... so basically I am screwed from that point on!!!!

No comments: