Monday, October 29, 2007

16 weeks: doctor's visit

Today I am 16 weeks and 2 days pregnant... finally, officially confirmed by the doctor. The test results came back negative on the cystic fibrosis. I took the follow up blood test for the NT test and will find out the result within the next couple of weeks. Everything appears fine with the twins. Dr. Reed was surprised I could feel movement this early but the little ones like to pile up together so it makes it very obvious where they are... as they create lovely stretch marks here and there. Besides that, I am huge... way too big for 4 months which scares the hell out of me, to say the least! I am getting bigger by the week... I mean inches people. Dr. Reed didn't believe the nurse's measurements and reconfirmed them for herself... and was like wow... that was nice.. I loved that. I have only gained a couple of pounds but my doctor says that is fine... as long as I am eating and keeping some food down. I am just burning more calories than ingesting... the babies are doing fine and I am doing fine... it has to do with my metabolism changing and the fact I was over weight when I got pregnant. It is awesome I weigh less at 4 months pregnant than when I started out. The next doctor's visit is on Nov. 19th and we get to do an ultrasound (YAY! more pictures) and we find out the sex of the babies!!!! I am looking forward to seeing the little ones and finally confirming the sex of the twins and ending the debate.

Translation of reactions to twins sex:
2 girls = crying and saying we are screwed (can you say preteens)
1 boy and 1 girl = I told you so / awesome
2 boys = laughing my ass off and saying we are screwed!!! period... could you imagine 2 Jeff's running around... god i don't even want to think about it.

anyways I am exhausted, off to bed... even though the little ones love the night time... that is when they get all frisky.

No comments: