Monday, September 22, 2008

day 186: 6 month doctor visit

I knew what was coming before they even stripped our clothes. I saw the scale and the protest began. BAN (babies against needles) I knew what is going to happen people - I am not the unknowing infant that you think I am. Arden played it cool. We went along with all the measurements and Mommy and Daddy talked about all their "concerns". It is obvious that I like resting in my fav position but evidently mommy and everyone is not down with the "cause and effect" and now I am going to go be poked and probed by someone else next Monday and possibly sport head gear to help out the shape or something... big words were flying about so I didn't catch all the meaning of the lingo... I have been diagnosed with plagiocephaly <- see big word. Basically they are concerned that my head is a little to flat on my right side... I find it more comfortable but whatever. The words moderate to severe came into play. Great. Mommy looks worried. STRESS! Then after all that the ladies with needles entered the room... protest did not help nor the cries that bellowed from our mouths. Daddy and Mommy broke out in song the moment the mean ladies left the room. Hey Jude don't make it bad... take a sad song and make it better... combined with a nice refreshing bottle we were somewhat soothed. A mad dash to the homestead and a dropper full of Tylenol we are doing ok. I think it is time for some dinner and a nap. The stress of the day is very wearing on the energy level.

For the record:

Arden:

weight: 18 lbs 3.5oz (+3 lbs 3 oz.)
length: 25.75 in. (+2.25 in.)
head c: 43 cm. (+1.5 cm.)

Ramsey:

weight: 17 lbs. 0.5 oz. (+3 lbs. 1 oz.)
length: 25.5 in. (+2.5 in.)
head c: 43 cm. (+2 cm)

'Til next time

RA

plagiocephaly

No comments: