Wednesday, December 12, 2007

22 weeks: the dreaded day has occurred

The dreaded day has occurred… it is official: the belly has surpassed the boobs… and there is no sucking in to save my life.

I have the strange occurrence of being addressed constantly by a variety of strangers asking when I am due and the awe inspiring comments such as, "wow you look like you are going to pop any day now"…. I am 5 months pregnant and I have 3 and a half to 4 months to go… but it is true… I look and feel as if 8 months have passed - twins. What I love most is when random people feel it is okay to touch me… umm it is not okay under any circumstance to go up to a complete stranger and ask to touch their stomach. It is just awkward. It is like dealing with those creepy guys with pregnancy fetishes. You just want to umm run.

So, I sit here reflecting the last few weeks as the next doctor visit approaches, all the changes in life and in body. In life, well people have proven themselves one way or another and there have been sad moments where different directions in life forces you to lose certain people and things but there is nothing in this decision or my current direction I will ever regret… losing things or dealing with change is just a part of life. Life is all about adapting to changes and over coming challenges. Besides that I have been doing endless research and readings on all things babies. Buyers guides, safety regulations, what a new born needs, best things to get for twins. In all the research there are very few resources for twin and multiple babies. Most information out there written about twins are very negative involving the potential issues with high-risk twin pregnancy, as if any mother needs to be force fed the issues that might occur instead of addressing them if they occur. As for body changes, in the last 4 weeks I have gained around 4 pounds for a grand total of still being 6 to 7 pounds lighter than I started. The only blessing of morning sickness. I have been around Jeramie often this month, so the restaurant food is mostly to blame for most of the weight gain in both of us. I blame his kitchen still be under construction as well. I will be going home to mom and her home cooking soon… better dietary choices in Austin! Besides that I have had a large growth rate in the stomach and chest region. The belly is firm and the babies are pushing to make room. Sleeping and well, getting up, is becoming more and more difficult and the coming months are nothing but a big scare. Nightmares are continuous but they have always been. I have continued having morning sickness as I approach the 6th month. I am beginning to give up hope that this will not stretch the full duration of the pregnancy. The backaches have not been that bad… just the slip of the hips due to the hips spreading suck. There have been a couple of times I didn’t know if I could get up or walk. Fatigue is still a major issue… I am falling apart and they are sucking the life out of me… they are doing great though… so that is all that matters.

We are still in search of names, getting registries in order, and collecting addresses for invites and announcements and researching non-stop. These have been more strenuous than dealing with pregnancy issues thus far.

Well fatigue is taking over again so I am going to go rest up.

No comments: