Thursday, February 28, 2008

33 weeks: dr. visit nst

We had our first NST scan today... It was a disaster! My boy was on the run. He hated it so much he flipped from head down to breech again. The whole thing was miserable and uncomfortable. Dr. Reed got us in to do a bi-physical scan (a fancy name for an ultrasound) to check the kiddo's. They were rocking and rolling so much during the NST that they were pooped and didn't move much during the ultrasound. They eventually both passed the bi-physical exam... My son is definitely a character... during the nst he was kicking and punching at the heart rate and contraction monitor the whole time..... during the ultrasound he hid his face and would turn his back to us... every time the ultrasound tech would go to a data screen he would kick or hit the ultrasound instrument... We got great profile shots of my girl.. the last one she turns and sticks her tongue out. Adorable. After that we had our appointment with the doctor. I had my uterus measured... I am measuring between 40 - 41 cm (over full term) my cervix was manually check... all is good long, no dilating, and no funneling. The doctor believes there is now no threat of pre-term labor... If it starts after 35 weeks it will be real labor and she will not stop it. As long as my boy cooperates and goes into the head down position we will do a vaginal birth in the birthing room. No problem with mom or jeramie being in there. We talked about birthing plan, I don't have to take my piercings out, I can have an epidural after 1 cm dilated if need be... so all is good thus far. We are now going to do ultrasounds every week instead of NST's. We were there for over 3 hours... they freaked me out and my little man flips on me... but I am just happy they are both ok.

No comments: